- 6 cloves garlic
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 5 anchovy fillets, minced
- 6 Tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice, or to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 cups day-old bread, cubed
- 1 head romaine lettuce, torn into
- Mince 3 cloves of garlic, and place in a small bowl with mayonnaise, anchovies, 2 Tbsp of the Parmesan cheese, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, and lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt and black pepper, and mix together. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cut the remaining 3 cloves of garlic into quarters, and add to hot oil. Cook and stir until brown, and then remove garlic from pan.
- Add bread cubes to the hot oil. Cook, turning frequently until lightly browned.
- Remove bread cubes from oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Place lettuce in a large bowl. Toss with dressing, remaining Parmesan cheese, and seasoned bread cubes.